The Government of India has introduced a new e-Visa facility for Latvian citizens with effect from 27th November, 2017. Under this facility, nationals of Latvia can apply for a visa to India from the comfort of their homes or offices, without having to visit the Indian Embassy or Consulate.The e-Visa facility is currently available for business, tourist and medical purposes, and can be obtained by completing an online application form and making the requisite payment. Once the application is approved, the visa will be emailed to the applicant, who can then travel to India.The e-Visa is a multiple-entry visa and is valid for a period of 60 days from the date of arrival in India. Latvian citizens are advised to apply for the e-Visa at least 4 days prior to their date of travel. Indian Visa for Latvian Citizens
1. Guidelines for Applying for an Indian Visa for Latvian Citizens
India is a land of diversity, with people of different religions, cultures and languages living together in harmony. The country is also a popular tourist destination, with visitors from all over the world coming to experience its unique culture and attractions. If you’re a Latvian citizen planning to visit India, you will need to apply for a visa before you travel.
The process of applying for an Indian visa for Latvian citizens is relatively straightforward, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind. Here are some guidelines to help you through the process:
- You will need to apply for a tourist visa if you’re planning to visit India for leisure or business purposes. You can apply for this type of visa online or at your nearest Indian embassy or consulate.
- The tourist visa is valid for a maximum of 6 months, and you will need to provide proof of your travel plans and accommodation in India when you apply.
- You will also need to provide a passport-sized photograph and your passport, which must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of your planned arrival in India.
- The visa application fee for Latvian citizens is 80 EUR, and you will need to pay this when you submit your application.
- Once your application has been processed, you will receive your visa by email. You will need to print this out and bring it with you when you travel to India.
- You will be required to show your visa and passport upon arrival in India. You may also be asked to provide proof of your travel plans and accommodation.
- You should make sure to keep your visa and passport safe and secure while you’re in India. Keep them in a safe place and don’t carry them around with you unnecessarily.
- You will need to register with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO) within 14 days of arrival in India. This can be done at your nearest FRRO office. Indian Visa for Malaysian Citizens
- Once you have registered with the FRRO, you will be given a registration certificate, which you will need to carry with you at all times.
- You will
2. Eligibility Criteria for Applying for an Indian Visa
The process of applying for an Indian visa for Latvian citizens is quite simple and straightforward. However, there are a few eligibility criteria that need to be met in order to be eligible for the visa. Let’s take a look at the 2 most important eligibility criteria for applying for an Indian visa.
The first and foremost eligibility criterion for applying for an Indian visa is that the applicant must have a valid passport. The passport should have at least 6 months of validity remaining from the date of travel to India. Along with a valid passport, the applicant must also have a recent passport-sized photograph that meets the requirements specified by the Indian embassy or consulate.
The second eligibility criterion for applying for an Indian visa is that the applicant must have a confirmed return ticket. The return ticket should be booked in advance and the applicant must have all the necessary documents required to prove the booking.
If you meet these 2 eligibility criteria, then you are eligible to apply for an Indian visa. The next step is to fill out the visa application form and submit it along with the required documents at the nearest Indian embassy or consulate.
3. Documents Required for Applying for an Indian Visa
Latvian citizens who wish to travel to India must obtain a visa from the Indian embassy or consulate prior to their arrival in the country. The following documents are required for applying for an Indian visa:
- A valid passport: The passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in India and must have at least two blank pages for visa stamps.
- A completed visa application form: The form can be obtained from the Indian embassy or consulate, or downloaded from their website.
- A passport-sized photograph: The photograph must be taken within the last six months, be 2 inches by 2 inches in size, and have a white background.
- Supporting documents: Depending on the type of visa applied for, additional documents may be required, such as a letter of invitation, hotel reservations, or proof of financial means.
- Fees: The visa application fee must be paid in cash, money order, or certified check. Credit cards are not accepted.
Once the application is complete, it can be submitted in person or by mail to the Indian embassy or consulate. The processing time for a visa is typically three to four weeks, but it is advisable to apply for the visa well in advance of the planned travel dates.