India is a country with rich history and culture and a huge tourist destination that attracts millions of travelers every year. With so many people coming to India, it’s only natural that India has made it easy for their visitors to get Indian visas by providing two different types of visas to the citizens of UK and British citizens. Indian Visa for UK Citizens
How to apply for an Indian visa if you are a UK citizen
As a UK citizen, you can apply for an Indian visa in one of two ways: through the Indian High Commission or Embassy in London, or online through the Indian government’s e-Visa website.
If you apply for an Indian visa through the High Commission or Embassy, you will need to submit your passport, two passport-sized photographs, a completed visa application form, and the applicable visa fee. Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of your proposed arrival in India. You can expect to receive your visa within 10 working days.
If you apply for an Indian e-Visa online, you will need to upload a scanned copy of your passport, a recent passport-sized photograph, and a completed visa application form. You will also need to pay the applicable visa fee using a credit or debit card. Once your application is approved, you will receive an email confirmation with your e-Visa attached as a PDF document. You can then print out this document and present it at the time of entry into India. Please note that the e-Visa is only valid for 60 days from the date of issue, and allows for a maximum stay of 30 days in India. Indian eVisa for British Citizens
How to apply for an Indian eVisa if you are a British citizen
If you are a British citizen, you can apply for an Indian eVisa if you meet the following requirements:
– You have a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining before expiration
– You have a return ticket to the UK or other country of residence
– You have enough funds to cover your stay in India
– You have a valid email address
To apply for an Indian eVisa, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Government of India’s e Visa facility (https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html).
- Select the type of visa you wish to apply for from the drop-down menu. For business, medical, and tourist visas, select “e Visa.” For all other types of visas, please select the appropriate option from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your personal information into the online form. This includes your full name, date of birth, passport number, and contact information.
- Upload a digital photo of yourself that meets the requirements outlined on the website. This must be in JPEG format and must not be larger than 1MB in size.
- Choose your preferred method of payment and complete the transaction. Payment can be made using a credit or debit card, or through PayPal. After payment is complete, you will receive an email confirmation with your unique e Visa number attached as a PDF document. Print this out
How long does it take to process the visa?
It usually takes around 3 to 5 days for the visa to be processed. However, it is advised that you apply for the visa at least 2 weeks before your travel date.
What documents do I need?
If you’re a UK citizen and you want to get an Indian visa, there are a few things you need to know. First, you need to have a valid passport. Second, you’ll need to fill out an online application form. And third, you’ll need to submit some additional documents.
Here’s a list of the documents you’ll need to submit with your application:
– A copy of your passport bio page
– A recent passport-style photo
– An onward or return ticket
– A hotel reservation confirmation
– Proof of financial means (e.g., bank statement or credit card statement)
If you’re applying for an eVisa, you’ll also need to provide a scanned copy of your passport bio page and a credit or debit card for payment.