Are you looking to visit India for medical treatment? With the Indian medical visa, you can apply online for a hassle-free entry into the country. In this article, we’ll discuss all the important information you need to know about applying for an Indian medical visa, so you can plan your trip with ease! MEDICAL VISA FOR INDIA
Overview of Indian Medical Visas
India offers a medical visa for those seeking treatment in India. The medical visa is valid for up to one year and allows the holder to multiple entries into India. The medical visa can be extended for up to three years if the patient needs ongoing treatment. To apply for a medical visa, the applicant must have a letter from a doctor in India confirming the need for treatment and an invitation from the hospital where they will receive treatment. The applicant must also have a valid passport and proof of financial means to cover their stay in India.
Eligibility Requirements for an Indian Medical Visa
An Indian medical visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows foreign nationals to enter India for the purpose of seeking medical treatment. The minimum eligibility requirements for an Indian medical visa are as follows:
- The applicant must be a citizen of a country that has diplomatic relations with India.
- The applicant must have a valid passport with at least six months of remaining validity.
- The applicant must have a letter from a licensed physician or hospital in India confirming the need for medical treatment in India.
- The applicant must have proof of sufficient financial resources to cover the cost of medical treatment and travel expenses.
- The applicant must have a return ticket to their home country or onward ticket to another destination after completing treatment in India. INDIAN VISA ONLINE APPLICATION
How to Apply for an Indian Medical Visa Online
Assuming that you have all the required documents, the application process for an Indian medical visa is quite simple and can be completed entirely online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the official website of the Indian Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) at
- On the homepage, scroll down to the “e-Services” section and click on “Online Visa Application” under the “Visa” heading.
- This will take you to the login page of the Online Visa Application System (OVAS). If you already have an account, simply login with your username and password. Otherwise, click on “New User Registration” to create an account.
- Once you’re logged in, click on “Apply Visa” and select “Medical Visa” from the list of visa types.
- Fill out all the required fields on the application form accurately and click on “Submit” when done.
- Make sure to print out a copy of the completed form for your own reference. You will also need to submit this form along with your other supporting documents when applying for your visa at an Indian consulate or embassy abroad.
Checklist for Applying for a Medical Visa to India
- Check if you are eligible for an India medical visa: You must be a citizen of one of the following countries to apply for an Indian medical visa: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Cameroon, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Mauritania, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan Qatar Saudi Arabia Somalia South Sudan Sudan Syria Tajikistan United Arab Emirates Yemen. You can check the complete list of countries here.
- Gather the required documents: In order to apply for an India medical visa, you will need to have a passport that is valid for at least six months from your date of arrival in India. Additionally, you will need to submit a completed visa application form along with two recent passport-sized photographs. Other required documents may include proof of travel insurance and a letter from your doctor or hospital in India confirming your appointment.
- Apply online: The first step in applying for an India medical visa is to fill out the online application form on the website of the Consulate General of India. Once you have completed the form and gathered all of the required documents listed above, you can then submit your application online.
- Pay the visa fee: After your application has been submitted online, you will need to pay the applicable visa fee using a credit or debit card. The current fee for an Indian medical visa is $100 USD per person (or equivalent in other currencies
Document Requirements for an Indian Medical Visa
To apply for an Indian Medical Visa, you will need to submit the following documents:
- A duly completed and signed visa application form.
- A recent passport-size photograph of the applicant.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport, which must be valid for at least six months from the date of travel.
- A letter from the hospital or clinic in India, confirming that the applicant has been accepted for treatment and specifying the duration of stay required.
- An onward/return ticket, if applicable.
- Evidence of sufficient financial means to cover the cost of medical treatment and living expenses during the stay in India (e.g., bank statements, credit card statements, etc.).
We hope that this comprehensive guide to applying for an India Medical Visa has been useful and informative. Applying for a medical visa is a complex process but with the right guidance, it can be done in an efficient and timely manner. With all of the necessary documents in order and your application ready to go, you should be able to quickly get approved for a medical visa so that you can receive the care or treatment you need in India. Good luck!