Tourists coming to India for tourism should be aware of the visa requirements that the country has. If you are a foreigner who is visiting India for pleasure, you will need an Indian Visa. The documents you will need to apply for an Indian tourist visa can vary depending on your nationality, but you will likely require your passport, a letter of invitation from a valid host in India, and proof of travel insurance. Check the Indian embassy website for more information on the individual requirements for each visa type. Indian Visa Documents Required
What are the Indian visa documents required for a tourist visa?
In order to obtain a tourist visa for India, you will need the following documents:
– A passport valid for at least six months after your planned departure from India
– A visa application form (available from Indian embassies and consulates)
– Two passport-style photos
– Bank statement showing a balance of at least $600 (or other confirmation of financial stability)
– Proof of travel insurance covering your entire stay in India
– Proof of accommodation in India for your entire stay (if staying in a hotel or guesthouse)
Indian visa eligibility requirements
The Indian visa requirements for a tourist visa are:
-A valid passport with at least six months remaining validity
-Two passport-sized photos
-A visa application form, which can be downloaded from the Indian embassy or consulate website
– The required fees (around $60)
– Proof of sufficient funds (around $150) to cover the cost of your stay in India
– Your return ticket. If you are not leaving India within 30 days of your arrival, you will also need a proof of onward travel. This can be a ticket reservation or an onward air ticket. Indian Visa Eligibility
– A copy of your hotel reservations confirmation or reservation letter, if lodging in India during your stay.
If you are not travelling on a tourist visa, you will also need to provide proof of your citizenship and residence in your country of origin.
How to apply for an Indian tourist visa
To apply for an Indian tourist visa, you will need to provide the following documents:
– A passport valid for at least six months beyond the duration of your stay in India – Proof of onward travel – A valid visa application form – Two passport-size photographs – Evidence of financial ability to support yourself during your stay in India – Your travel insurance policy